Terms & Conditions

GUNS: One form will allow you to bring up to 3 firearms. If there are more than three firearms, a Non-Resident Firearm Declaration Continuation Sheet (form RCMP 5590) needs to be added.


  1. Stop at US customs and ask for a Certificate of Registration for Personal Effects Taken Abroad. You will record a description of the firearm including the serial number on this.
  2. Go to Canada customs. You will declare your firearm(s) and provide the declaration. Border services will check to ensure you have stored your firearm properly for transporting, review your paperwork and verify that the firearm(s) match those described in the documents.
  3. When returning to the US, you will have to declare that you are bringing your weapons back in the US. Provide the Certificate of Registration for Personal Effects form you filled out on your way.


Flying If you are flying, please visit Canadian Air Transport Security Authority’s website for information concerning the transportation of firearms and/or ammunition by air.